11% Of Our Customers Are Satisfied, The Other 89% Are Absolutely Ecstatic!

  • We Create Completely Custom, Drop-Dead Gorgeous, Outdoor Living Spaces.

    I Have NEVER Charged A Customer In The Rare Instance 

    Of A Service Call—After 45 Years In This Business.

    Simple. Fancy. Upscale. Contemporary. Big Budget.  Small Budget.If You Can Dream It, We Can Design & Build It.

    Let’s face it. Dozens - possibly hundreds - of companies can build decks, patios, screened rooms and other outdoor living spaces.And by definition, most of them are pretty average. They’ll build you an average deck with average quality for an average price. 

    That’s not us.

    We Specialize In AMAZING.

    We Insist On INTERESTING.

    We Refuse To Participate In ORDINARY.

    We NEVER cut corners or use substandard materials. I insist on giving all of my customers the best looking, longest lasting project on the block. I mean this: Once we complete your project, I never want to see you again. Nothing personal. But I do everything in my power to ensure your project is perfect the first time.

    I believe a contractor should stand by his work. That’s why I’ve NEVER charged for a service call after 45 years—even if the homeowner accidentally caused the problem. (Read more about our Incidental Mishap Warranty.)

    Our quality of construction is simply unmatched in the remodeling industry. These aren’t just hollow words. We are Class “A” builders—a designation that only 2% of contractors have achieved. Our expert level of training, experience, and commitment to PERFECTION means that your space will always be as stunning as the day it is built.

    Contact us today to schedule your free estimate. We’d be honored to help you out.


    Carmen Pretopapa, Owner

About us

American Exteriors & Masonry was established in 2005 and is a full service professional contracting firm located in Washington D.C. Metro Area. We are dedicated to providing our clients with quality, cost-effective service. With three generations of experience, American Exteriors & Masonry is Northern Virginia's most trusted exterior remodeling firm.

We offer a wide range of remodeling and home improvement services, such as decks, screen rooms, windows, doors, siding, roofing, driveways, fences, masonry, patios, walkways, retaining walls, porches, portico's, and more. American Exteriors & Masonry is also one of just two percent of contractors with a Class A builders license. That means we can build any type of structure and project, when most contractors cannot.

Whether you are building a new home or improving an existing one, you can be confident that American Exteriors & Masonry will make your vision a reality. We hire only specialized, experienced technicians to install our extensive menu of products. As a family owned and operated design installation contractor, we have made reliability and integrity our mission. Our commitment to quality is unparalleled in the industry. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation, no-pressure sales estimate and consultation.




The Professional's Pledge


  • No Pressure Sales

    We simply do not engage in those insulting sales games.

  • Fair Pricing

    Not the cheapest, but unmatched value for the money.

  • Respect

    We practice the "Golden Rule" here. You and your home will be treated with the utmost respect.

  • Fully Guaranteed

    All of our work is 100% unconditionally guaranteed.

  • Testimonials Galore

    Ask to speak with our MANY estatic customers they are our best sales people.